3 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2015 9:03 AM by philmodjunk

How to suppress the empty portal row?

MorkAfur

Title

How to suppress the empty portal row?

How do I suppress the portal row that FMP wants to add? FMP won't let me delete it or keep it from showing up as far as I know.

I need to print out a list of services, but the extra blank row is not wanted or needed.

See attached for the an example - I highlighted the extra unwanted portal row.

Thanks in advance.

- m

Unwanted_extra_blank_protal_row.jpg

• 1. Re: How to suppress the empty portal row?
          philmodjunk

Go to the relationship and clear the "allow creation of records via this relationship" option enabled for the portal's table occurrence.

This also removes the ability to add new records directly in the portal without using a scripted button to do so.

• 2. Re: How to suppress the empty portal row?
            MorkAfur

Right, but the only problem with that approach is that (currently) it's the same portal on both the data entry area and on the print layout.

Perhaps, then, I need to make the user enter a detail record using another (non-portal) layout and then just do as you suggested for the printed layout?

Thanks Phil.

- m

P.S. Is there a way to display all records for a table in a layout regardless of relationships? I don't see how to do it. I want to be able to show related records for a project, but also "all projects" that the user could pick from. I tried an "X" relationship, but that did not appear to work.

• 3. Re: How to suppress the empty portal row?
              philmodjunk

The best way to include a portal on a print layout is not to. This is not always possible, but the best option nearly always when such an approach is possible.

The other option is to use two table occurrences with identical relationships (except for the "allow creation..." option), for the portals on your two different layouts.