AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to sync Date, Age, Grade, School fields?

Question asked by MarkPeters on Jun 30, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 1, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

How to sync Date, Age, Grade, School fields?

I want to have Fields for Date, Age, Grade/Semester, and School for various events throughout the course of one's life.  I have already calculated the values on excel, so for each event, there is the corresponding Date, Age, Grade/Semester, and School value.  Date, Age, and Grade/Semester are all unique values, except of course School has only 4 values.  

All I want to do is have a field for each Date, Age, Grade/Semester, and School, with a pop up value list for each, and if I change one of Date, Age, or Grade/Semester, the other corresponding values will update accordingly.  

I was able to do this by forming a relationship between a serial ID field on the table where I imported the value lists, and a serial ID field on the table where I want to display the Date/Age/Grade/Semester/School fields according to the event that record refers to.  However, this requires me to maintain a field for the serial ID, and to update the other fields via the Serial ID only.  I edited the value list for the serial ID so that it would display "Date" values and I clicked "only show second field", and it does show the Dates when I click the pop-up, but after it has been selected, it shows the serial ID number in the field, and not the date.

I'm sure I could fix it if I keep playing with it, but I feel like there has to be a really simple way of doing this.  Anybody know?  

Outcomes