3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 10:42 AM by philmodjunk

How to tell when someone has logged into Instant Web Publishing?

JoeWilson

Title

How to tell when someone has logged into Instant Web Publishing?

how can you tell if someone has logged into a database via instant web publishing?

• 1. Re: How to tell when someone has logged into Instant Web Publishing?
          philmodjunk

Are you publishing to the web from FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server Advanced?

If from server, you should be able to check in the Admin Console.

From the FIleMaker Pro Host?  Don't know if that is possible without some scripted help from a script that performs when the Web client logs on that would log the fact in a table.

• 2. Re: How to tell when someone has logged into Instant Web Publishing?
            JoeWilson

Phil, I found this in the FileMaker Missing Manual but not sure how to apply it.  

"While IWP is running, it can keep track of activity and errors. FileMaker keeps this information in log files in its Web Logs folder. The “Web activity” log records each

time someone interacts with the database. The log includes the person’s network address and the URL she requested. The “Script errors” log records errors in your FileMaker scripts. The “Web publishing errors” log holds other errors that occur in IWP, like invalid requests and missing databases. You can use these logs to see if

you need to fix your scripts, or to see who’s been using the databases and what problems they’ve encountered."

Not sure where to find "Web activity".

• 3. Re: How to tell when someone has logged into Instant Web Publishing?
              philmodjunk

I don't know that such a log exists (I may be wrong about this) unless you are using FileMaker server Advanced to host the files.