AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to total figures in multiple records?

Question asked by SteveParrett on Feb 28, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2014 by SteveParrett

Title

How to total figures in multiple records?

Hi there

I am 15 days into my evaluation of Filemaker and, using a manual and various videos on the net have managed to construct a resonably good solution for my organisation (a Rugby Team in the UK.  I have cracked a number of elements - security, scripting, and all the standard formats.  However, I just cannot understand OR work out the correct Search term to get help with the following, and I would be so grateful if someone could help me out in the next couple of days so I can present the solution and, hopefully, get the go-ahead to purchase! :)

OK  I have a Joined Table that consists of the following elements (simplified right down for ease of explanation

Player Name  Block-ID Session-Id  Attribute Value1 Value2  Calculated value (Only sum values if Attribute = Strength)

Jo Blow                     1         2              Strength   1000   2000     3000

Steve Pigeon           1          1              Strength   500       600     1100

Steve Pigeon           1          2             Power         200      300       0

Steve Pigeon           2          3             Strength     100     900       1000

Harry Wright            1           1             Power         1000   2500    0

In essence, on a separate layout I want to create graphical representations of the totals of the records in this table but to aggregate those totals based on things like the Player or the Blocks for each player.  This entails "reading" several records within a Tableand I have not got a clue how to do this.

Apologies if this is a dumb question.  I'm rather proud of my progress so far in a lonely room with no other help, but this one is beyond me!

Help :O)

Steve

Outcomes