2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 9, 2012 3:29 PM by followtheharvest

How to track when one customer refers others customers

followtheharvest

Title

How to track when one customer refers others customers

I am trying to create a referral system to track which customer referred any number of other customers. I'm not sure where to even start! 

• 1. Re: How to track when one customer refers others customers
          philmodjunk

Would it be possible for one new customer to be referred by more than one existing customer?

You'll need a self join relationship here, but it may also need a join table if more than one existing customer can be credited with referring the same new customer.

If one an only one person can refer a new customer, this self join should do the trick:

Customers::CustomerID = CustomerReferrals::ReferralID

In Manage | Database | relationships, make a new table occurrence of Customers by clicking it and then clicking the duplicate button (2 green plus signs). You can double click the new occurrence box to get a dialog to appear where you can rename the new occurrence box as CustomerReferrals like I have.

We have not duplicated a table. Instead, this is a new reference to the same table already present in your database.

Now a portal to CustomerReferrals will list all customers referred by the current customer record.