AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to troubleshoot a runtime

Question asked by NaturSalus on Sep 2, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

How to troubleshoot a runtime

Hello,

I am having  recurrent problem with all my runtimes when run under MS Windows 7, MS Windows 8 and MS Windows 8.1; but not under MS Windows Xp.

The problem is that I can't create new records with the runtime. By the way, runtime creation is scripted.

The problem happens both using FMP12A and FMP13A.

To bundle the runtime and create the executable for Windows I am using Inno Setup 5.5.5 (http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php)

Let's say that I have created a project either with FMP12A or FMP13A.

If it is a database it runs perfectly well under FMP12, FMP13 and MS Windows XP, MS Windows 7, MS Windows 8, and MS Windows 8.1

If the project is a runtime and Inno Setup 5.5.5 is used to create an executable for MS Windows:

• It runs okay under MS Windows Xp.
  •      
  • It can't create new records under MS Windows 7, MS WIndows 8, MS WIndows 8.1

The first posible culprit would be the software used to create the executable, that is: Inno Setup 5.5.5

I am using a scripted login system and still it is working under MS Windows no matter the version. So I would say that Inno Setup didn't screw up.

Other than that, the runtimes seems to be working okay: You can move through scripting to the different parts of the software, and you get listed all the commands associated to the different buttons. Since all this actions are scripted, the "issue" doesn't block all the scripts; but just Create New record.

It is not a Security setting issue, since the problem doesn't show up when the project is run as a database.

Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Outcomes