4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2010 7:55 AM by Carmine

How to use and convert character entities and other hi-ASCII characters in data

Carmine

Title

How to use and convert character entities and other hi-ASCII characters in data

Hi

I am new to Filemaker and working with someone with a several years of experience with previous version of FMP.  We are both well versed in relational databases and have experience in Java and PHP.   We have both FMP10 and 11 on Windows XP machines and FMP10 server installed on a Windows 2003 server for a database that is being shared over the network.  There is currently no PHP work being done on the FMP server.

We have a few requirements for a new database we are working on. 

- Our database needs to be report out to PDF.  We need quite a bit of flexibility in the layout ... like page breaks and the flow of the report.

- Our data contains character entities and perhaps even high ASCII characters for emphasis or text formatting that need to render rendered correctly in the PDF ... <i>test</i> like italics

- a data field may contain a pathname to an image that needs to be displayed in the PDF

We have a script developed that creates a PDF but have not figured out how to resolve the above issues.

I can provide the script if it helps.

We're open to suggestions on how we can accomplish this.

Thanks,

Carm