4 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2013 10:30 AM by EricCrespin

How to use Yes No field in a Portal

EricCrespin

Title

How to use Yes No field in a Portal

Hello all, I am new to FM and I am using Pro Version 11. 

I have a  portal that lists members assigned to a selected location. I need to have a Yes/No field for each record (member). 

Right now, I have a Text Field and is associated with a Value List. One can select Yes or No however it changes each member record Yes No field in the portal. 

Portal design

Member Name         Paid Subscription    Flavor       Amount Due   Picked Up Jars (Y/N selection needed)

Member Name         Paid Subscription    Flavor       Amount Due   Picked Up Jars (Y/N selection needed)

5-1-2013_9-08-39_AM.png

• 1. Re: How to use Yes No field in a Portal
          philmodjunk

That should work if the field is defined in the same table as that of the portal. Make sure that the table occurrence referenced by this field object matches that of the portal's.

To explain that in more detail:

Enter layout mode and click the yes no field to select it. Go to the inspector's data tab and note the text to the left of :: in the "display data from" box.

Then double click the portal to open portal setup and note the text in "Display related records from". You need to have the same exact text in both places.

If you don't have the same text in both places, double click the yes no field while still in layout mode to open the specify fields dialog box. Select this same text from the drop down menu, then select the desired field.

• 2. Re: How to use Yes No field in a Portal
            EricCrespin

Thanks for the feedback however the PickUpJars Yes/No field is specific to this layout vs other fields in the portal row. 

Meaning: Fullname come from a table occurance of CSS Members

Paid Y/N; Season; Quantity; Amount Due all come the Subscription table

Allergies comes from the Members table

Record button take the user to the that Member demographic info. 

So, when a Selectn Location is defined (selected via a Dropdown List), the portal refreshes Members that have subscribed to pick product up at that selected location. 

What I need to define or in this case add is this PickUpJars Y/N for the user to select, at the day of schedule delivery, which members did pick up their purchased products vs which ones did not. (I will eventually be defining a report / summary for the business admin off of this Y/N field. 

Did that help clarify what I am trying to make happen? Please excuse my lacking in FM lingo and functionality. 

• 3. Re: How to use Yes No field in a Portal
              philmodjunk

the PickUpJars Yes/No field is specific to this layout

And that's why it doesn't work for you.

You have one value in this field in the parent table, Delivery Record, the record referenced by your layout. Placing it in the portal produces copies of that same single value, it doesn't make it possible to have different yes no values for each row in the portal.

The field must come from Delivery Subscription Details or from a related table that is linked to it in a one to one relationship.

It may be that you need these relationships:

Delivery Record------<Delivery Details>------DeliverySubscriptionDetails

where your yes/no field is defined in Delivery Details and your portal is bsed on Delivery details instead of DeliverySubscriptionDetails. That will allow you to record specific yes/no values for each customer listed in a delivery with the data specific to that delivery.

• 4. Re: How to use Yes No field in a Portal
                EricCrespin

AH... I understand. That makes since. Thanks again for the information, I will give it a whirl!