AnsweredAssumed Answered

How useful might fmp be to identify discrepancies between spreadsheets?

Question asked by jimnagle on Feb 20, 2015
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

How useful might fmp be to identify discrepancies between spreadsheets?

My supervisor has explained a problem we are having in tracking information. The information is currently available in the form of 3 excel spreadsheets. The issue is discrepancies between these spreadsheets which come from different departments.

I have pretty rudimentary knowledge of fmp having worked a year ago on a problem another dept was having getting video files (stored by reference) to work across computer platforms. I am aware that an excel spreadsheet can be converted into a fmp solution pretty directly (and vice versa). What I am unclear about is what tools fmp has that could be used to identify the discrepancies between and among these different spreadsheets (once they're converted into a solution). There is no 'real' db professional here available, just me, a trained biologist with a little experience dabbling around with a pre-existing solution. (I ended up adding a layout to the video db I was working on before in order to address the cross platform capability issue). Is fmp a tool that might useful to us without having to draw on the knowledge of a real DB professional? Our organization has license for the full suite of fmp products.

Outcomes