3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2014 7:18 AM by philmodjunk

How would I create a calculated field, with the value dependent on current record?

KyleCarroll

Title

How would I create a calculated field, with the value dependent on current record?

Ok so I've been able to figure out all the other unique parts of my database, however I'm stumped on one of the more important parts.

I have an "Overview" Layout, each record displays fields such as "Total Games", "Total Owned", and "Percentage". Also on this page are buttons such as "Atari 2600", "Nintendo NES", etc. By clicking a button, it goes to that record in the layout. 

I would like the fields to calculate the information based upon a different table, for example: When the "Atari 2600" button is pressed, the Overview record for that system is viewed, and the fields would show me the total number of unique records for the Atari 2600 table, along with how many of those records indicate a value in the "Qty. Owned" field. (Doesn't matter if quantity owned is 1, 2, 3, or 100. It would be counted as "1". This way I would have a Total amount of records, and a total owned, from which I can calculate the Percentage Owned.

How would one go about setting up those calculations? Thanks in advance.