AnsweredAssumed Answered

How would YOU structure this?

Question asked by stevelucky on Mar 23, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 by stevelucky

Title

How would YOU structure this?

I'm pretty new to FileMaker Pro but have quite a technical background and pick things up pretty quickly. Let me lay out the scenario of what I'm trying to accomplish and I'd like to hear how you would structure it.

I have several sales reps. Each of these sales reps has multiple accounts that they've signed. There are commissions associated with these accounts that they get paid.

I'm trying to create a database where I can enter in personnel info for individual reps to be displayed at the top of the page. Beneath that there would be 2 or 3 tabs associated with their accounts. On one tab I would like to be able to add their accounts, one row for each account. I want to be able to add many accounts here as this will grow over time. On each of these rows I will have fields corresponding to their commissions that get paid out over a one month period. I will then have a 2nd tab that keeps track of commissions they get every month from these accounts.

My question is, does this need to be done using two tables? 1 for the rep info and 1 for their accounts? Or should I just use one table?

Please let me know if you need any more info.

P.S. - Using FileMaker Pro 11 on Mac OSX 10.6

Outcomes