2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2010 2:39 PM by dmills727

HTML in a Field -- can it be displayed as HTML in IWP?

dmills727

Title

HTML in a Field -- can it be displayed as HTML in IWP?

I'll apologize in advance if this is too obvious, but I'm not finding information about it anywhere. I used FMPro many versions ago but am just back to it and using version 11. I'm working on creating a Test Bank for the Chemistry department here so instructors can find questions from past exams they'd like to adapt for their current courses. Entering subscripts, superscripts and special characters as HTML makes as much sense as anything since they'll often be using the questions in a web-based environment, but I'd like to provide an option for them to browse the questions (via IWP) with the HTML rendered rather than looking at html tags.

For example, so far I have found no way to get a text entry in a field like this:

Al<sub>2</sub>O<sub>3</sub>, In<sub>2</sub>O<sub>3</sub>, Ga<sub>2</sub>S<sub>3</sub>

to be displayed as with the subscripts rather than the <sub> tags (was going to provide correct example here but the discussion forum editor apparently doesn't like the <sub> tags).  Other basic examples would be &deg; for showing the little circular symbol for degrees in a temperature or &Delta; to show the triangular delta symbol. What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for your help!