3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2010 11:32 AM by philmodjunk

html like "tags" summary

littledrew_1

Title

html like "tags" summary

I'm making a visually engaging summary report. And I want to create a box that has a bunch of text from the ::tag field of related records. I'm not concerned if there are repeats. The contents of the ::tag field are single words separated by commas, so each record will have multiple words. How can i grab all of that and put it into one box? And is it possible to toss in some random font size and/or font types? It would be something like the "concatenate" function in excel.

This is more decorative than informative, but still informative.

Here's a mediocre example.

Screen_shot_2010-09-08_at_11.22.32_AM.png

• 1. Re: html like "tags" summary
          rjlevesque

Wow, so you want a WordPress tag cloud in a FM solution basically. No idea how but I wanted to subscribe, I can't wait to hear Phil's ideas on this one, interesting.

• 2. Re: html like "tags" summary
            littledrew_1

is that what those things are called? hahaha, i couldn't figure it out. thanks!

One idea I have is to use a loop to copy and paste from all the ::tags field into one field. And just try to apply random font sizes afterwards.

• 3. Re: html like "tags" summary
              philmodjunk

Substitute ( List ( RelatedTable::Tags ) ; [ ¶ ; " " ] ; [ "," ; " " ] )

Will turn carriage returns (added by the list function) and commas into a single space character. That will allow you to combine the text of multiple related records--which I think is what you asked for here.

To get different font sizes for different items, the simplest, is to select the text in its tag field and apply a font size to it. If that won't work, you may need to define a calculation field that applies a text size to the tags field and replace the reference in the above calculation with a reference to this calculation field.