10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 7:28 PM by MedicInMe

Http or XML API for filemaker

RehmanAkram

Title

Http or XML API for filemaker

Hello can I use Http or XML API for to send the text in filemaker ? Has anybody used sending SMS from http://www.textlocal.com/simple-developer-sms-api

Please advice me If I can use this in FileMaker Pro Advanced

• 1. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
          schamblee

You can send text messages by email.  Here is a sample file.   https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D9559058_790_795417788

The sample is over a year old.   The sample uses the default email client, but can be setup to use smtp.

• 2. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
            RehmanAkram

Ok I'll check now Thanks for that sample

• 3. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
              MedicInMe

I have a sample database that could be used for connecting to twilio. you will need monkey bread softwares plugin to use it. there is a demo of the plugin on their website. you might be able to modify to meet your needs. 

• 4. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
                rodmastar

e a sample database that could be used for connecting to twilio. you will need monkey bread softwares plugin to use it.

I am interested in more about Twillo and using Filemaker.. your sample be helpful if so kind.. thanks in advance    mastar.com

• 5. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
                  MedicInMe

Mastar,

I have been working with Twilio for close to 8 months now. When I started the only way to get twilio to work properly was through the Monkey Bread Software plugin. I do have a sample file I can provide for you however in Filemaker 13 I have been able to use the native HTTP post to send SMS without a hitch. One of the solutions I am working on has the requirement of needing an SMS sent every time certain events happen. Previously we used the email to SMS however we had issues with this method due to not all messages going out, carrier issues, and sometimes the email address appeared as the sender instead of a short code. So Twilio has worked very well on this end and I would recommend them for SMS needs. With the native http post option we have been able to trap for specific errors from Twilio like invalid phone number etc.  

Would you like to learn the native http post method in Filemaker 13 or the Monkeybread Software Sample File?

• 6. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
                    AnthonyTesoriero

Hi MedicInMe,

I saw your post about Twilio integration and was hoping you might have some advice or a sample file you could share. 

I have been able to get the Twilio integration to work perfectly within our FIlemaker solution for sending SMS but have not quite figured out how to receive SMS replies. 

Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated.

All the best,

• 7. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
                      rodmastar

Anthony...
                      Actually didn't get Twill much... I liked, but I am only familar with FM programmer.. could
                      understand Twillo..  still interested thou..

I need the other side   (voip provider  ) to write REST api.. like...   so
                      via Filemaker all in need to do IWP... open with a HTML string to POST to a
                      special URL, and grab a page, read  some date from a URL.. dissecting
                      certain info from a page for my Answering Service Messaging app..
                      dialing out... getting CID,    The phone system needs some coding (for Twillo   or my other providers)
                      are using REST api,   to put or POST something to the URL for me
                      Current  I have 2 voip providers that do this special..
                      this...  if only thing were simpler sometimes.. especially for my clients
                      users are not very technical.. just Wantbee's

Best regards getting yours going.. I hope to touch back with you, the only
                      person i know who is FM and Twillo...  maybe you can help?

Thks
                      Rod Minarik
                      MASTAR.com

• 8. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
                        MedicInMe

Hello Anthony,

I am not sure if you have seen this part of the API docu for Twilio. https://www.twilio.com/docs/quickstart/php/sms/hello-monkey

If you have were you able to get anywhere with these steps? If not what were you able to get to in the process and where are you stuck right now.

Thanks

• 9. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
                          AnthonyTesoriero

Hi MedicInMe,

No luck so far with Twillio.Im looking faor an experience developer to assist now.  If I get any further, I will post.

Best,

Anthony

• 10. Re: Http or XML API for filemaker
                            MedicInMe

Hello Anthony

I might be able to help with that. If you would like it might be easier to discuss via email or over the phone. If so please respond back and we can exchange info. 

Brian