Any ideas anyione or will I have to use a php setup?
Thank you for your post.
One way to accomplish this is to create an access privilege for web viewing that limits you to a specific layout and record. There is a function, Get (ApplicationVersion), that returns "Web" when being viewed from Instant Web Publishing. However, for this example, let's create a new account and title it "Web".
1. Pull down the File menu and select "Manage -> Accounts & Privileges..."
2. Create a new account and title it "Web". For this example, set the password to "Web" (easy to remember for now).
3. For Privilege Set, select "New Privilege Set..."
4. In the next dialog box, name the privilege set "Web Privilege"
5. Under the Records pop-up, select "Custom privileges...". This will take you to another dialog box.
6. Find the table you want to highlight it. For now, set the View pop-up to "Yes" and Field access to "all". Click OK.
7. Under the Layouts pop-up, select "Custom privileges...". This will also take you to another dialog box.
8. Highlight the layout you want to display and set Layout and records to "view only". Click OK.
This should be fairly straight-forward at this point. Click OK a few times, and return to the database file.
If you want people to automatically see a specific record when logging in, then you will need to execute a script at start up. You will need to find that specific record. One way is to create a field named "Access" and put the value "Web" in the field. Then, you can find for Access="Web", and this should only occur when the AccountName = Web. A script could be:
If [ Get (AccountName) = "Web" ]
Go to Layout [ <layout with web access> ]
Enter Find Mode 
Set Field [ Access ; "Web" ]
Perform Find 
Set this script up as the startup script (File menu -> File Options...).
This script only gets executed when someone signs on with the "Web" account.
9. Return to Manage -> Accounts & Privileges. Select the "Web Privilege" account and edit it.
10. Select the Scripts pop up and set the newly created web script to "executable only". Click OK.
11. Return to the Records pop-up and re-select "Custom Privileges...". From step #6 above, change the View pop-up to "Limited..." and set the calculation to:
Access = "Web"
This will only allow you to access the records where Access="Web". All other records will be unavailable.
12. Click OK a few times and return to the database file.
13. On a separate machine, launch a browser, enter Instant Web Publishing and log on to the "Web" account. You should automatically be taken to the record(s) where Access="Web" and are viewable. If you then find other records, the data will be unavailable.
This should get you pointed in the right direction. You can make additional changes as needed.