Make a List of URL's. Use in Pop Up Menu and select for field. Make a button to Send URL. It will open your browser to that URL.
If you want an ever increasing URL list, make a list from that field in the List options. Then the URL from past records will appear in your Drop Down List. Use a Script Trigger to run that script which Sends URL.
Many thanks, that's helpful. Alasdair
I am sorry i assumed you were not new to FMP.
It is fairly easy to do what you ask. I would search the knowledge base for URL and there is probably an example or perhaps on Tuesday[holiday weekend] many of the more robust helpers have examples to help you.
- Create a field, 'URL'
- Create a value list (File -> Manage -> Value Lists), 'URL', and define it as being drawn from the values in the field you just created
- Create a script called 'Open URL'
- Make it one step, from the Miscellaneous section: 'Open URL'. Define it to go to the URL by calculation, and make it that URL field
- Place the URL field on the layout and in the Inspector, Data Tab, set it to be a pop-up, with an arrow (say) and using the URL value list you defined
- Set a text box beside the field, 'Go to...'. Attach the script you just created to that text box to make it a button.
- Now choose a URL from the pop-down and click the 'Go to...' button.
You could attach that script as a script trigger to the field so that every time you select a value it will go to the URL.