2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 9:51 AM by jkersey

I am having a weird problem with my shortcut to a FMPro database and hoping you can help

jkersey

Title

I am having a weird problem with my shortcut to a FMPro database and hoping you can help

Hello,

I have a Filemaker Pro Advance (FMPro 9) database that I have shared to about 19 people.  I created the following shortcut, which allows everyone access to it:  fmp7://10.160.162.206/QA Database

So far, all except for two of the users click on the shortcut which starts up FMPro9 and work on it with no difficulties.  However, when two users try to click on it, FMPro7 always opens the database.  This causes issues because some of the critical functionality in the database cannot be used by FMPro7.  I had IT remove FMPro7 from those computers, but now the computers just complain that they cannot open the file because the required program is missing.  It is strange though, because everyone has both FMPro 7 and FMPro9, but only these two are having problems.

In looking at my shortcut, I thought that maybe the first part the "fmp7" was instructing the computer to access the file with FMPro7, but when I tried changing it to "9" or something else, nothing works.  

The solution is most likely a simple fix to my shortcut, but I am at a loss at the moment, so if someone knows how to fix this, I would be most appreciative.  Thank you in advance!