4 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2013 4:15 PM by philmodjunk

I am locked out of full set of menus

SteveKeiser

Title

I am locked out of full set of menus

I watched a webinar today which encouraged me to try the custom menu capability. I set up a menu set called "Sales Rep" and thought I assigned those with that privilege set to the custom menu set. Unfortunately, now when I sign in as "admin" user, my menus are now limited. How can I regain my menus as the administrative user?

• 1. Re: I am locked out of full set of menus
          philmodjunk

You can change the menu set temporarily by selecting Custom Menus from the Tools menu.

You can also set up a script that checks the user's privilege set and uses the Install Menu Set script step to change the default menu set for the layout when the user is a [full access] user.

• 2. Re: I am locked out of full set of menus
            SteveKeiser

Thanks so much! I was freaking out.

• 3. Re: I am locked out of full set of menus
              SteveKeiser

Here is the opening script I set up:

If [$$PrivilegeSet = "[Full Access]"]

Install Menu Set ["[Standard Filemaker Menus]"]

Else if . . .

Else . . .

End if

Problem with this script, is that if I change to a new layout, I am back to a limited custom menu.

How can I modify the script so it is "sticky" and maintains the correct menu set?

• 4. Re: I am locked out of full set of menus
                philmodjunk

You can use the get function for finding the current user's privilege set name:

If [ Get (AccountPrivilegeSetName) = "[Full Access]" ]

This is layout specific. It's not a matter of "sticking". You'll need to set up a method that specifies this change for each layout where you have a custom menu and need the full menu when opened in Full Access.

A script could, when the file opens, change from layout to layout installing the default menu set.

Or

The OnLayoutEnter script trigger can be set up to run this script each time the layout is entered.