It doesn't look like my images made it to the post...
Perhaps you attempted to upload PDF's instead of one of the file types listed below the Post A New Answer box?
Here is the relationship screenshot. I also added the form layout screenshot to my original posting.
On what table is that layout based? On what table is the Cosigner portal based? Powers_CoSigners or Cosigners?
The layout is based on the defendant table and I included information from the power table. The cosigner portal is based off of the powers_cosigner joiner table. This is where I get the cosigner id & the collateral information. The remaining information in the portal is from the Cosigners table.
Your relationship and layout design has no obvious errors. You might consider using the same table for defendants and cosigners as I suspect that the Occasional cosigner will also end up as a defendant at another point in time.
but I cannot get the co-signer information to display. I am using a portal for the co-signer information, but just the Co-signer ID and the collateral display
Two possible issues to check. Make sure that your portal is correctly set up on the layout. Test things in layout mode by moving the portal a few pixels. All the fields in the portal row should move when the portal moves. Make sure that portal setup shows: Powers_Cosigners in Show Related Records From. Make sure that each of the fields from the Cosigners table start with "Cosigners::" in Display Data From on the Inspector tab when you select them.
If that's all correct, then you need to check the data in your join table and the Cosigner's table. It would appear that the value of _fkCos_ID and __pkCOS_ID do not match values correctly.
If "allow creation of records via this relationship" is enabled for Cosigners in the relationship linking it to the join table, you can set up _fkCOS_ID with a drop down list or pop up menu of IDs and names from the cosigners table. That way, using this Value list selects a Cosigner, creates a new record in the join table and links that new record to the current defendant in order for it all to be visible in your portal.
When I moved the portal, all fields moved with it. I do have CoSigners in the portal setup. If I put Powers_Cosigners then nothing comes up, whereas I do at least get the collateral and Co-signer ID when I have Co-signers in show related records from.
Each of the fields begin with "cosigners" in the display data from field in the inspector. I also have "allow creation of records via this relationship" checked.
When you said it appears that the value of _fkCos_id and __pkcos_id do not match values correctly. What can I do to verify or correct this? The ID's were imported from the same source file.
Yesterday, I ran into something that makes me think there might be a different way for this. The cosigners can be defendants and the defendants can sometimes be cosigners. Would it just be better to create one table for both and use an instance table of the defendants table to use for the cosigners? If this doesn't sound like a good solution I can see if I can get the drop down to work.
I have two rows of data in my portal (due to the amount of information I need to display). Or maybe I should say, the amount of space I have horizontally requires that I use what appears to be two rows in the portal. When I list the initial row as 2, then my information doesn't display. When I change it to one, all the information displays...
I am still wondering if using an instance table would be a better solution than having two tables...
Thank you for your help!
It had occurred to me that one data source table can be used for both defendants and cosigners, but that won't solve the issue at hand so I had delayed complicating/confusing the issue with that comment as this actually leaves your relationships graph the same except that you double click either the cosigners or defendants table occurrence and redirect it to refer to the other table and then update the match fields. The way relationships match and your layout design doesn't change when you make that adjustment.
You should be specifying an initial row of 1. When you specify "2" the entire first related record is omitted from the portal. The "row" is the actual portal row that corresponds with one related record not a row of fields inside the portal row.
I think that will resolve your issues when you make that change to your layout.