I Give Up: Omit/Find driving me crazy!!!!
So, here's the situation.....
1. I have a table with 1000 records. Fields include PartNumber, FileExtension…
2. I do a simple find in the PartNumber field for “123”.
3. I get a found set of 90 records.
4. Thirty records have FileExtension “IGS”, another thirty records have FileExtension “ASM”, and the final thirty records have FileExtension “PRT”.
5. I am good until this point. Now it all falls apart for me…
6. I want to “Omit” one of the FileExtensions from the found set – so I will end up with 60 records.
7. I want to do this by having the user enter find mode, specify the extension in the FileExtension field, and then press a button to omit it from the found set.
8. How do I do this. I am stumped. This has to be possible.
Keep in mind, this is just one example. The idea is that the user can enter criteria in any field in find mode, press a button , and presto.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.