1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2014 7:03 AM by philmodjunk

i have table in which all cutsomer information is displayed. In that i have put a portal which...

amyaye

i have table in which all cutsomer information is displayed. In that i have put a portal which displays all their visits to the store. I want to generate a report which will help me look up all the customers which have come into the shop that month.

So my table is called ShopData and the field is called Date of Visit. At the moment it is just pulling random files. I am using filemaker13pro

Also how can  i see who is due for an appt next month at the shop. This is also in the table SHopData and field called FollowUp. Currently i can manage to pull all the follow ups which are required but i would like it so that everytime i click on it is shows me the next months only.

I cant seem to get it to work. Would very much appreciate if someone could help me write a script.

• 1. Re: i have table in which all cutsomer information is displayed. In that i have put a portal which...
          philmodjunk

I am guessing that you have this relationship:

Customers-----<Shop Data

Customers::__pkCustomerID = Shop Data::_fkCustomerID

Your field names may differ from mine but what you describe should use an ID that uniquely identifies each customer and Shop Data would have a record for each time a customer visits your shop.

With such a set up, you can set up a report layout based on Shop Data, perform a find to find all records for a given date or range of dates and then (most likely) sort the records to group them by date or by customer. Sub Summary layout parts can be added to serve as "sub headings" if your report needs such.

That's just a very general outline of what should work for you. Feel free to use Post a new Answer to respond with follow up questions specific to your reporting needs.