1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 30, 2013 9:53 AM by philmodjunk

I need help relating figures between two columns in my database

DanBlodgett

Title

I need help relating figures between two columns in my database

Hello,

I am working with filemaker pro for feature analysis  We have had a discrepancy issue between two columns.  We have a column for features superimposed on the specified feature and a column for features superimposed by the specified feature. The issue we are having is that some features that are listed as having superpositioning with the specified feature do not list in their own entry that this relation exists.  For example:  F100's entry says superimposed on F110, but when you go to F110s entry F100 is not listed in the superimposed by column.  We are wondering if there is a way to make a relational database that will fix this issue or if we have to go through each entry manually and fix the issues.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  

• 1. Re: I need help relating figures between two columns in my database
          philmodjunk

We have a column for features superimposed on the specified feature and a column for features superimposed by the specified feature.

How's that again?

You'll need to explain what you are doing in quite a bit more detail. I can't tell what you are actually describing here. Please keep in mind that we can't see your file nor are we familiar with the processes you need to support with your database.