2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2011 9:28 AM by DRORROTSHTAIN

i need to make a picture appear when i select specific data in the drop-down menu of a field

DRORROTSHTAIN

Title

i need to make a picture appear when i select specific data in the drop-down menu of a field

hey.

1.i need to make a picture appear when i select specific data in the drop-down menu of a field:

like i have this data in the field drop-down menu: UTILS,SYSTEM,AUDIO SOFTWARE

and i want to make matching picture appear when i select each one.

when i select utils from the drop-down menu the picture that will appear will be a UTILITIS PICTURE etc....

2.i will also like to know know how i can make those fancy check boxex with picture.

3.please help me i don't understand how to do this :(

4.thanks

• 1. Re: i need to make a picture appear when i select specific data in the drop-down menu of a field
          philmodjunk

1) Define a table, Images, with at least two fields: ImageName (text) and Image (container). I'll assume for this example that your current table is called "Main". If that were the case, you'd need this relationship:

Main::DropDownField = Images::ImageName

Insert each of your images into different records in the Images table. Enter the matching name for that image (UTILS,SYSTEM,AUDIO SOFTWARE) in the ImageName field.

Place the Images::Image field on your Main layout, next to your drop down.

When you select an image name in your drop down field, the corresponding image will appear.

2) Those "fancy check boxes" aren't really check boxes. Chances are, they are either container fields, Images Inserted onto the layout or Label text--possibly with conditional formatting that have been set up as buttons that run a script when clicked. If this is a file you have full access to, you can enter layout mode and double click them to see what button setup... options, if any where specified for them. That in turn may point you to a script you can study to see how it was done.