2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2009 5:07 PM by KeithLarochelle_1

I need to reform Filemaker for my business and I am clueless

ShopOwner

Title

I need to reform Filemaker for my business and I am clueless

I have the trial version of Filemaker Pro.  I use a Mac and run the Snow Leopard software.  I need a program that will let me input (each day) what has been sold for the day, the dealer number, cost, etc.  I further need to have the program make reports twice a month showing each dealer's record, the overall record for the shop.  This would involve adding each dealer's earnings separately , taking out the commission,  and generally giving the dealer (and myself) a clear picture of their earnings as well as the shop's earnings.

If anyone could show me how to do this, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

ShopOwner 

• 1. Re: I need to reform Filemaker for my business and I am clueless
          philmodjunk

You might want to contract with a consultant for this. A consultant could either supply you with a finished product or tutor you to the point where you have created your own solution.

You can, of course, pursue a solution through this forum. That will require more time on your part but save you the cost of hiring a consultant. If you choose that route, please post a more detailed description of your business procedures and what you need to do so that those of us who choose to can better assist you.

Another option is there may be a ready made solution that meets your needs or which can easily be adapted to meet it. If you describe your needs in more detail, a forum participant may be able to suggest such a "template" for you to use.

• 2. Re: I need to reform Filemaker for my business and I am clueless
            KeithLarochelle_1

You might want to take a look at this FileMaker CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solution and Invoices Solution.  With a few modifications it sounds like this could do what you need. 

The thought is to start with a professional template that gets you close to what you need and customize from there because that will cost far less than to start from scratch.