AnsweredAssumed Answered

I want it all (A subsummary report showing all open POs and Only income billed in the current month)

Question asked by Susannah on Aug 21, 2009
Latest reply on Aug 24, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

I want it all (A subsummary report showing all open POs and Only income billed in the current month)

As suggested by my subject line, Im so muddled Im not sure I can articulate this clearly...

I am working in FMP9. Imagine a simple project summary view that shows the following columns:

"Current PO Amount" (Number From JOB DETAIL Table)

"Amount Billed" (Number From JOB DETAIL Table hand entered to avoid a circular reference in my INVOICE table)

"Projected Additional Revenue"  (calculation ="current estimate" - "amount billed").

I want to add an additional column that shows a number "revenue billed in the current month" beside each prodject that meets this condition.  This would be found by referencing the "Invoice Date" (date from the INVOICE table) and then showing the "Invoice Amount" (Numeric Calculation from INVOICE table).  An amount would show up ONLY when there was an invoice dated in the current month.   

My goal is to display information on every project with a current PO, not only am confused with the initial step of how to make a field show data only from the current month,  I also cannot wrap my head around a way to show "revenue billed in the current month" without getting rid of all of the other records that dont meet this condition.

(There are already 2  sub summaries based on Client and Product, I'd like to avoid adding an additional subsummary) 

Thank you SO MUCH for your advice 

Susannah

(I know what I know really well, but there is so much I don't know) 

Outcomes