2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2012 9:47 AM by davidanders

I want to create a backup schedule for the dbs in my server

yecastil

Title

I want to create a backup schedule for the dbs in my server

How can I change the path (predifined path) to make a backup from my databases, by default is showing the path in the server HD but I want to create another backup in an external HD, I already checked the "Sharing" privileges in both drive (server and the external drive) but when I write the path in the "scheduling a backup" it says that the path is not valid

• 1. Re: I want to create a backup schedule for the dbs in my server
          philmodjunk

For reasons known only to FileMaker Inc. You cannot schedule a backup to a Location external to the server such as a shared volume on another computer. You can use third party backup software or a system script, however, to back up the backup copy to that remote location. I use Windows Task Scheduler on my server to run a VBScript that copies the most recent backup file to a remote location.

• 2. Re: I want to create a backup schedule for the dbs in my server
            davidanders

A recent White Page about FMS 12 Backups
            http://fmforums.com/forum/blog/13/entry-443-filemaker-server-12-backups-faqs/

SNIP

How have backups changed in FileMaker® Server 12?

I want to schedule an incremental or progressive backup. But I can’t find where that is done?  How do I schedule this?  

I need to restore from the last backup.  But I get an error message when I try to open the backup file directly in FileMaker Pro or host it on FileMaker Server.  Are my backups broken?

Where does FileMaker Server put the actual backup copies it creates?

We hope the answers to these and to other FAQ’s about FileMaker Server 12 backups will assist the developer community and IT Administrators with FileMaker responsibilities to understand how the new systems work and how to employ them effectively.

Steven H. Blackwell

Click on the attached PDF to download the document.

Attached File  FMSBackUpsFAQ.pdf(1.83MB)
            Number of downloads: 113September 12th 2012