2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2010 8:32 AM by Sully

I want to print a set of records by the quantity listed in a certain field.

Sully

Title

I want to print a set of records by the quantity listed in a certain field.

I use FileMaker Pro 9.0v3; I use it extensively on a daily basis and had some training, but I have plenty left to learn.

One task I'd really like to simplify involves printing labels. The database for this has housing information, and one of the fields is room capacity.  When printing out labels containing room information I'd like to be able to print as many labels for each room as its capacity accomodates.  What we have been doing is Find- address, capacity: 1, and printing one set; find- address, capacity: 2, and printing 2 sets, etc.  Is there a way to automate this, so I could have all labels for each room printed out together and in order? 

All told it will apply to around 8,000 records, though we always print them in smaller batches, ranging from 8- 1,000 records.  The database is on a shared server. I have full privileges but the majority of this printing will be done by people using read-only access accounts.

Thank you if you can offer any advice, even if it's to tell me not to waste my time trying! Thanks