3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2013 3:56 PM by philmodjunk

I'm Portal challenged, please help

RichardGerbracht

Title

I'm Portal challenged, please help

I'm trying to create a button/command within a portal that opens a layout specific to a serial number contained on the line in portal.  Basically the data set viewable in the portal is limited and I'm trying to create a command the opens an expanded contents layout.

I must have dain bramage, i just can't figure out how to do that.  Any help is appreciated

• 1. Re: I'm Portal challenged, please help
          philmodjunk

Go To Related Record [Show only related records; From table: PortalTableOccurrence; Using layout: "Detail View" (PortalTableOccurrence) ; new window ]

Note that "new window" is optional here. you can use this step with your button to open a new floating window set to your detail view layout or, if you omit that option, you can change layouts in your current window to the detail view layout.

"PortalTableOccurrence" should be replaced with the name shown in "Show Related Records From" in Portal Setup... for your portal.

• 2. Re: I'm Portal challenged, please help
            RichardGerbracht

Phil, appreciate your help but I'm just stumped.  I get hung up at step 2: "From table: PortalTableOccurrence" I don't see that option in the table list.  I also don't see "Detail View (PortalTableOccurrnce) in the layout menu

• 3. Re: I'm Portal challenged, please help
              philmodjunk

to repeat: "PortalTableOccurrence" should be replaced with the name shown in "Show Related Records From" in Portal Setup... for your portal.

You'll need to create a layout for your detail view that is based on your portal's table and specify it as the layout used in this script step.