4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2010 2:36 AM by Aiden

ID Card Printer Not working with FMP V9

ThomasP360

Title

ID Card Printer Not working with FMP V9

Hey Y'all - I use my database to manage several hundred volunteers.  One feature I am having trouble with is a specific layout to print two sided ID badges.  When I had FMP V8.0 no problem - when they upgraded us to V 9.0 - no work no more.

I can print to the card printer from Excel or Word - no problem.

Any one else have this issue?

XP Pro, SP3, Fargo DTC500 Printer, FMP V9.0 

Thanks,

ThomasP

• 1. Re: ID Card Printer Not working with FMP V9
          TSGal

ThomasP360:

Thank you for your post.

When you say "no work no more", are you referring to printing in general?  Printing two-sided?  Printing incorrectly?  Not printing at all?  Are you selecting Print from the File menu or using a script?  Is this on Mac or Windows?

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful in narrowing down the possible cause(s).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: ID Card Printer Not working with FMP V9
            ThomasP360

TSGAL,

The program still prints fine on letter stock.  It is just trying to print a CR80 size ID card.

With all the print parameters set for both side printing I can only get one side (a side) printed.

I have been printing from the file menu. Worked perfect on V8.0, did not work on V8.5 or V9.0.

THOMASP360

• 3. Re: ID Card Printer Not working with FMP V9
              TSGal

ThomasP360:

Thank you for the additional information.

I do not have a Fargo DTC500 printer, so I cannot test this printer.  However, I am using FileMaker Pro 8.5 and FileMaker Pro 9 on Windows XP SP 3.  The printer that is closest to me is an HP LaserJet P3005x.

I opened a database file, and created a small layout.  From the File menu, I selected Print Setup.  I selected the printserver for this printer and clicked Properties.  I changed the Paper size (tried with Envelope, Letter, and Legal), and selected PRint on both sides "Yes, flip over", and didn't touch any other settings.  I then went to Print, selected "Records being browsed", and left everything else as the default.  It printed two-sided without any problems.

If you have "Print current record", then only one record (the current record) will print.  If you follow this up with another print request, it will print on a new page.

Any other information you can provide to help me replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: ID Card Printer Not working with FMP V9
                Aiden

Ive used Fargo DTC500. This printer is renowned as versatile. Printing ID cards for workers, scholars, constituents or other desires is evolving more widespread each day. Custom and exclusive to each position, benchmark badges in today's world are often published exactly on an artificial id card by a direct to card printer. This printer is the most flexible of the Fargo card printer. From handing out benchmark photograph ID cards, the printer can furthermore publish a high capacity of cards, for example clientele commitment cards. With an optional module, the printer can furthermore encode and publish on get access to cards.