AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ideas for tracking attendance using FMP 13

Question asked by ChristopherMoore on May 23, 2014
Latest reply on May 23, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Ideas for tracking attendance using FMP 13

Hi, All-

Happy Memorial Day (weekend) to those of you in the US!

I recently purchased FMP 13 Advanced to use for our not-for-profit organization. We run a group children's home in Central America that has several peripheral activities that coincide. I am looking for a way to easily track regular attendance in activities for up to 200 children. I know that I could create a field for the date of every event (for example Thursday craft day on June 19) and then have a check box that I check for each student there. My problem is that I would continually be creating new events that are recurring. 

For example, each Thursday afternoon we do crafts in the village. I would love to find a way to create on event (Crafts) and automatically generate a new date each Thursday and then have the option to 'select all' and then 'deselect' those who don't attend, OR simply put a check in a box beside the name for each child that joined us that day. 

Has anyone ever built a database that tracks attendance for a employees, or church or other events that might have concepts transferable to what I'm aiming for here?

Any helpful direction you could point me toward would be HUGE!

Thanks!

Chris

Outcomes