AnsweredAssumed Answered

If my drop down menu is too long how do i get the information plus add a new record.

Question asked by user14040 on Jun 2, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 4, 2010 by user14040

Title

If my drop down menu is too long how do i get the information plus add a new record.

My Experience: Newbie

Version: FileMaker Pro 10 Advance

Published To: DB is used on desktop company and I also use FMTouch to transfer the DB to my Ipad.

How do I?

Table Names; Customer, Equipment & Field Report

My DB  tracks  serial numbers of equipment, I link the serial # to customer.  On a field report layout I have a drop down menu that has a list of serial numbers. When using the serial number drop down menu and you pick a serial number all of the information for that serial number and customer automatically populate the fields in the field report layout.

The problem is the list of serial numbers is too long,  How do I search for the serial number in the field report layout, have it fill in the related information and create a new record?

Right now I am able to create a new record, use a drop down menu to select a serial # have all the related information populate automatically.  

I would rather do a search for the serial # then have it populate the related fields as well as add a new record with the related information.

Doing a regular search will only bring up a previous record.

Thanks

Outcomes