AnsweredAssumed Answered

IF(AssetsItem starts with LITK add 21 days to the check out date to give me a due date)

Question asked by MStephens on Jan 16, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

IF(AssetsItem starts with LITK add 21 days to the check out date to give me a due date)

Hello

Still a newbie, so go slow

Used starter solution Lending Library

renamed field 'item' to AssetsItem, same table

Starter solution none of the Large tables are related; I related History and Assets using Assests Asset ID table, AssetsAsset ID field.

Here is what I have done;

All AssetsItem numbers begin with letters, an hyphen, followed by numbers; e.g OT-???? AT-???? SPED-???? LITK-????.  I started with a simple calculation for the due date.  check out date + 45, works great

Here is my NEW dilema:

Powers that be would like the 45 days of use to continue for anything AT or OT, BUT anything SPED they want out for ONLY 14 days and anything LITK they want out for ONLY 21 days.

What I thought I could do and didn't work

Specify Calculation shows to Evaluate this calculation from the context of the History Contact ID (I am assuming it is because that is where my due date is at at the moment

I am trying:

If ( Assets::AssetsItem = "LITK" ; History::Check Out Date + 21)

If ( Assets::AssetsItem = "SPED" ; History::Check Out Date + 14)

If (Assets::AssetsItem = anything else; History::Check Out Date +45) (havent been able to figure out the anything else because 

But the first line of the above has 'AssetsItem' highlighted with a dialog box stating that 'This field comes from an unrelated table.  Only global fields can be referenced in unrelated tables.

Relationship_graph_for_Lending_Library.jpg

Outcomes