AnsweredAssumed Answered

Image Catalog, huge?  Using Links vs. imports?

Question asked by JefferisPeterson on Apr 21, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2012 by JefferisPeterson

Title

Image Catalog, huge?  Using Links vs. imports?

Hi Folks,  I have a 2 DVD set of Hemera Images of 150K images. I have a tab text file of all image names and descriptions.  Hemera's PhotoObjects Software is not being updated for Lion.   Using Graphic Converter 7, I've converted all images to png files so I can use them for my web work.   What I want to do is create a searchable database of images based upon description, but I don't need/want to duplicate and import all my images into a FM file. I'd rather have it display the images via a link to a folder on my computer, or place the DB inside the images folder so that all are immediately available via a relative path. 

Anyway, I'd like to know if/how it is possible to do this in FM Pro 12, using perhaps the Assets template or some other method. If I did this in MySql on a server, I know how to do linking to display, but I don't want this on a server. 

Can anyone give me some advice, counsel, instructions on how to do this?    I also want to be able in the search, if say 20 images come up matching the description Zebra, a simple layout of the available images would be great. 

Finally, I would like to export a stand alone player  (without the actual images, just the database info) so other Hemera users could use this fix. 

Outcomes