AnsweredAssumed Answered

image database grid view?

Question asked by DanielGratiot on Jul 1, 2012
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2012 by DanielGratiot

Title

image database grid view?

Hi,

Newbie trying to modify the standard FM12 Content Database, and am struggling to figure out how to acheive a specific layout - and I am just not sure it can do it. 

I have started with data entry very similar to the Content Details layout in the Content Database. I happen to be using it for tracking a stamp collection, but the image contents really do not matter here.

What I would like is a way to view all the records Container images as a matrix of images - more like the way one views the images in iPhoto or other image browsing apps - in a grid of X by Y images. That woudl be a quick overview where I could then link directly to an individual image record.

All I can figure out in FM12 is to get a virtical list of records - similar to the "Content Browser" view in the FM solution wich is a "report". Using a lable view is conceptually right, but I just do not think that is the right solution.

Would a portal enable me to view all the images in the DB? I am happy to have them sorted, or be able to view specific search results in this format.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated!

Dan

Outcomes