3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2011 9:28 AM by philmodjunk

IMAGES IN FM

jannohejl

Title

IMAGES IN FM

Hi guys, I'm new to the FileMaker program and have been building a database to archive all are work and i have included a thumbnail image area so we can see a preview of the selected job which are located on my computer as jpg. The database is being shared over the fileMaker network and the other users cant see the thumbnail image. Can you please help me find a solution to this problem.

Picture_4.png

• 1. Re: IMAGES IN FM
          philmodjunk

Apparently, this image was inserted with the store by reference option. If so other users will be unable to see the image unless they also have direct access to the folder where the image is stored and that location is mapped and mounted. (and if some users are Mac and others Windows, this gets complicated as Macs use a volume name and windows systems use a drive letter.)

• 2. Re: IMAGES IN FM
            jannohejl

hi philmodjunk, thanks for taking the time answer this post, all users are on a mac and the image have been placed using the store by reference option but still cant see the image over the network

• 3. Re: IMAGES IN FM
              philmodjunk

Say you inserted an image from:

ServerVolume/ImagesFolder/ImageFileName

All your users must have ServerVolume mounted and they must have access to ImagesFolder or they will be unable to see the image.