1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 24, 2014 1:34 PM by philmodjunk

Import Data from CSV - Retain original creation date data

ceimg

Title

Import Data from CSV - Retain original creation date data

I am working on a project to import some data from an older Bento DB to Filemaker Pro. We pulled the data out of Bento via CSV and edited it extensively to clean up some date. Now I would like to create a new FMP DB w/ this CSV.

The issue I am running into is that the original creation and modified dates are not getting pulled from the CSV. They are defaulting to today.

Is there a workaround to overwrite / import these dates from the CSV during the import process?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Import Data from CSV - Retain original creation date data
          philmodjunk

There are several different ways to import this data. Are you using Import Records from the File menu or doing a drag and drop with this file onto the FileMaker application icon--which creates a new file containing the csv data?

If you are using import records, be careful to leave the "enable auto-enter options" unselected when you import this data. If there are other fields where you want to assign an auto-entered value to these records, you'll need to use Replace Field Contents after importing to update those fields in order to leave fields that auto-enter "on creation" data unmodified during the import.