3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2013 4:17 PM by MelCruzado

Import jpg images into Database

MelCruzado

Title

Import jpg images into Database

Hello, I am new to filemaker. I have a parts database one of the fields is a unique part number like 554634-1, I would like to import the part image into the database. These part images are named like 554634-1.jpg

I was able to import the images into a container in the database but they were not matched to the correct part number.

How can I accomplish this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Mel

• 1. Re: Import jpg images into Database
          JimMac

The JPG title is not a part number, therefore it would need to be Parsed and matched within FMP script programming.  

Or...

Manually inserted letting the USER do the matching for each record.

Jim...

• 2. Re: Import jpg images into Database
            philmodjunk

Use Import Records | Folder to import the images into a separate table.

Import the filename into a text field.

The inclusing of .jpg as part of the file name keeps 554634-1.jpg from matching to 554634-1 as the text isn't exactly the same.

But you can define  a calcualtion field as:

Left ( fileNameField ; Length (FileNameField ) - 4 )

to get just the name and no file extension.

Then you have a pair of fields that can be used to match records in a relationship to get the right picture file assocated with the right part record.

• 3. Re: Import jpg images into Database
              MelCruzado

Thank You both, for the quick reply, I will be working on that script this weekend, much appreciated.

Mel