AnsweredAssumed Answered

import line items to new FPro 11 solution

Question asked by rbc on Nov 8, 2010
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

import line items to new FPro 11 solution

Hi, just bought FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced having been using version 6 since its release, probably about 10 years ago. Am trying to bring over my 6x solutions to 11x.

In FileMaker Pro 6 I have 3 databases linked to each other: hours, charities, line items. I create one record per month in hours dB and enter the data using a line items portal window. All entries link to the line items database. I have almost 1000 records.

Managed to get the concept recreated in FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced by creating 3 Tables and necessary relationships. (Attached sample)

The layout design isn't working yet but will deal with that once the data is ported over.

How do I bring over the hundreds of records from the FPro 6x line items dB (via Excel) into each of the respective year/month Hours Table (portal)? (12 records per year)? If I bring them all into the Line Items Table, they won't appear in the respective Hours Table record.

FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced database:

Table 1: Charities <contact for each charity>

Table 2: Hours <Portal Fields from Line Items>

(1.>date of activity)

(2.>drop down showing charities from Table 1)

(3> self-relation sort of events)

(4> self-relation sort of venues)

(5>self-relation sort of activity)

(6>entered or will be calculated from fields not yet in Table (end minus finish = total)

Table 3: Line Items <collected entries from Table 2>

FPro_11_hours_table.png

Outcomes