1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 28, 2010 6:46 AM by JohnSands

Import multiple xml files

ukclarkey

Title

Import multiple xml files

Hi

We have a system that just drops xml files into a folder. The files are named jobnumber1.xml jobnumber2.xml and so on. What I would like to do is run a script in a loop that is looking at this folder and when it sees a file, or every 60 seconds it looks for a file it then imports the xml file into the filemaker solution. I can import the xml no problem. but the automation is my problem as I have to manually choose or name the file when the script is run. I don't even mind if I have to clear out old files from my import folder. but what i really want is something that just keeps watching the folder. and importing.

Thanks in advance 

• 1. Re: Import multiple xml files
          JohnSands

I am working on exactly the same task. I have a solution that is running in Filemaker Server. We have purchased a Filemaker plug-in called TROI that helps us with managing XML files. It lets us list folder (to get file list of xmls in target folder), move files and delete files. We have an import script that executes the appropriate TROI functions in a LOOP that imports one file at a time. http://www.troi.com/software/fileplugin.html

This post is old so not sure if you have solved it. Let me know if this helps or not.