2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2009 11:25 PM by DW_Pedro

Import Problem: Message "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary" appears

DW_Pedro

Title

Import Problem: Message "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary" appears

Hello!
      I`m trying to import some records (750.000) but each time the following message appears:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary
      Runtime Error!
      Program: C:\Programme...\FileMakerPro.exe
      This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application`s support team for more information.

Does anybody have an idea what`s wrong here? :-?

I`m looking forward to hear you. Thanx in advance and have a nice day!

------
      FMPro 10.02

• 1. Re: Import Problem: Message "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary" appears
          TSGal

DW_Pedro:

Thank you for your post.

How many records are imported before the error message appears?

What type of file are you importing?  FileMaker?  Text?  Excel? 

Instead of having one larger file, are you able to split the records into smaller files?  If so, do you receive the error message for all files or just a few?  If just a few, try to narrow down the file to a group of records that is causing the problem.

Any additional information you can provide may be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Import Problem: Message "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary" appears
            DW_Pedro

Hello TSGal!

Thank you for your answer! The message already appeared during the pre-check of the excel-file (Excel 2007) that should have been imported. I narrowed it down to 100.000 records and then it worked. Since i have a lot of large excel files i didn`t have the time to split all these files. So i tried to transform the excel files into tab-delimited text-files. Filemaker imported the tab-delimited text-files without any problems (over 7.2 Mio. records). I think that Excel causes this message (why we will never know). However i think this problem is solved. Thank you very much for you reply and have a nice day!