0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2010 6:53 AM by BruceHolmes

Import Records Script Step Not Working

BruceHolmes

Title

Import Records Script Step Not Working

I'm using FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced on a Mac OS X, 10.5.8.

I need anecdotes.  I'm doing an import of XML data.  Everything seems to be working except nothing gets moved into the mapped fields.  Can people recall having a similar problem?  What did you discover could keep the record fields from getting populated with the data. 

I've sent an address to the post office and gotten back an improved address and zip+4.  I need to put three pieces of data into my customer record.  I'm working on a single record.  I've proved in a variety of ways that the data to import is there.  I just can't get it into the record fields.

When I'm on the Import Field Mapping screen I've got three fields mapped to the incoming data.

Import Action:  is set to "Update existing records in found set"

and the "Don't import first record (contains field names)" is checked and can't be unchecked.  "Comment" a super contributer on the forum who's been incredibly helpful in getting everything else working properly tells me that's a known bug and shouldn't be an issue.

The error message I get is: "There are less records in the data source than in the target table.  Not all records were updated."

Any suggestions on what to try or how to debug the situation?