In Manage | Database | Fields, is the field defined as a field of type "Date"?
Text. I am changing it to Date now.
Tested with the fields defined as Date and got the same result
That should work. The large integers you reported are typical of Dates being processed as though they are numbers instead of dates--which is why I suspected that your FileMaker field was of the wrong type.
As a test, I opened up excel and typed in:
Into a single column.
When I imported into a FileMaker field of type date, I get the same dates as shown above. Let me know if I've done something differently from you.
I think you helped me solve the problem. Here's what I think happened...
I use a Mac desktop system with Power Mac G5 processors and, therefore, I use an open systems version of Excel called NeoOffice. After I got your last post and thought about it, I ran a test on my MacBook that has Intel processors. I have the MacBook partitioned for Mac OS & Windows OS and have a trial version of FileMaker Pro for Windows running in the Windows partition.
I ran a test on the MacBook and the dates were OK.
I ran another test on my desktop using the Excel SS created on my MacBook and got the same bad results. NeoOffice must do something to the date data that causes the wrong result when it is imported by FileMaker Pro.
Thanks for your help.