4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 2:00 PM by yawa

Importing a script from a starter solution, modifying

yawa

Title

Importing a script from a starter solution, modifying

Hello all,

I'm trying to run the "Avery 5160" script from the contact managment starter solution. Trouble is, I accidentally deleted the script  when customizing the database. THerefore, I tried to import the script by creating a new starter solution database, then importing that over. However, though the new script reappears under ->manage scripts, when I click on it, I get an error message saying "The script cannot be found or has been deleted." Can someone help me get it back up?

Also, I'd like to modify which fields appear on that script (since I modified fields in the starter solution).  How can I modify which fields appear in which order on the labels?

Thanks again!

yawa

• 1. Re: Importing a script from a starter solution, modifying
          TSGal

yawa:

Thank you for your post.

Make sure the "Avery 5160" script reads as follows:

Allow User Abort [Off]

Perform Script [ "Set Windows Values" ]

If [ Contact_Self:: k_ID_Contact ]

Go to Related Record [ Show only related records ; Match found set ; From table: "Contact Management" ; Using layout: "Avery 5160" (Contact Management) ]

Sort Records [ Restore ; No dialog ]

View As [ View as List ]

Pause/Resume Script [ Indefinitely ]

Perform Script [ "Go to Previous Layout" ]

Else

Show Custom Dialog [ "Missing Data" ; "No matching records were found." ]

End If

--------

As you can see, this script calls another script - Set Windows Values.  In the true portion of the "If" construct, another script is called - Go to Previous Layout - so make sure both of these scripts are present.  If not,  you will get the error message "The script cannot be found or has been deleted."

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Importing a script from a starter solution, modifying
            yawa

Perfect, that worked!

How do I modify which fields appear in the label, though?  For example, the starter solution layout (and thus script) did not include a field for "country" and since we have several international clients, we need to have the country field in the Avery 5160 script. How can I add fields, and determine which order they appear in?

I've messed around in -> manage -> scripts but can't seem to make it work!  I swear this is my last question, I'm really close to being finished!

yawa

• 3. Re: Importing a script from a starter solution, modifying
              TSGal

yawa:

First of all, I'm glad it worked!

Second, don't worry about how many questions you ask.  That is what this forum is for!

If you go to the layout where the Avery 5160 is displayed, pull down the View menu and select "Layout Mode".  Along the top of the window, there will be a number of icons.  If you place your cursor on top of one of these icons, a tooltip will display (in about a second) with information about that particular icon.  Towards the right side is the Field tool.  Click down on this icon and drag it onto the label form.  When you let go, you will be prompted for a field.  Select the Country field.  You can then either drag it or use the arrow keys to get the field to a precise location.  Under the Format menu, you can change the Font, size, style, color, etc.  If you need to make the field a little longer, drag the right corner to the right, or drag the right corner to the left to make it smaller.

This should get you pointed in the right direction.  Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Importing a script from a starter solution, modifying
                yawa
                   Done and done!  Thank you so much!