3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2013 11:29 AM by philmodjunk

Importing and activating look up

bookalaka_1

Title

Importing and activating look up

Good Morning,

I am using a lookup field to get an inventory count via an import. However the only way the file is looked up is when using a set field command. Is there another way to do this without using a script trigger to loop through all the Item Id's? quite cumbersome when file is large.

Thanks you for help.

Bookalaka

• 1. Re: Importing and activating look up
          philmodjunk

If by "look up" you mean the Looked up Value auto-enter field option, there's a check box that you can select to enable auto-enter options during the import, this enables all auto-enter settings so it may not be possible to use it in all situations.

The relookup command/script step can also be used to trigger a look up of all the newly imported records and this can also be achieved with Replace Field Contents.

• 2. Re: Importing and activating look up
            bookalaka_1

The only check box I see is the "Looked Up Value"  that I have checked otherwise nothing would be looked up correct? am I missimg something here?

When I import the Item Code nothing gets looked up. When I "type in the code" this does work. I experimented with the "relook up" command and have gotten to work however this is quite slow seems on 8o records to take almost 10 seconds is this normal?

• 3. Re: Importing and activating look up
              philmodjunk

The option to enable auto-entry options is found in a dialog that pops up during Import Record. It's a very small dialog that pops up just before you initiate the import.