AnsweredAssumed Answered

Importing contacts into BPS

Question asked by Drumm1 on Jan 22, 2010
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Importing contacts into BPS

Hi, 

I'm new to Filemaker, I am currently trying out pro 10 on my new iMac and after watching the videos and reading the bumf it looks to be exactly what I need for my event services business. However I do have a question;

I have 2 CSV file databases which contain information about my customers, one with emails and company names.... one with addresses and contact names for the same companies. If I want to merge these in numbers I will have to spend a lot of time deleting certain repeat rows as these are big data bases...

I want to import these into filemaker and have the information merge repeat items and combine the individual company information to create one complete database......... is this possible or do I need to merge them before import?

Also I am not finding things as easy as they are made out to be, for instance.. why is it that even though I'm using the BPS services edition kit, when I make a new database it doesn't go into the BPS? the overall look and setup is regular filemaker?!!?

Maybe I need to start from the beginning again?!? Any information you guys could offer would be greatly apreciated

Outcomes