1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 3:56 PM by philmodjunk

Importing excel file into database

henryhu91

Title

Importing excel file into database

hello FM users, 

is there a way we can make Target field stay the same on the order we wanted to be?

I've standardize excel files. whenever I import new excel files, I always have to fix it because I close out my application and the system doesn't recognize my preivous arrangement order anymore.

is there a way we can make it save the customize order or other possible solution?

any help is highly appreciated. 

• 1. Re: Importing excel file into database
          philmodjunk

Use a script with Import Records. As long as your excel spreadsheets always have the same format, the scripted import records action can save you a lot of time.

You can even use a container field with insert file to throw up a dialog box where you select the excelfile to import. The script then inserts the file into the container field (with store a reference enabled), extracts the file name and file path from the container field--putting it into a variable and then import records can import the data using the filepath in the variable to find and import from the file that you selected in the dialog box.