AnsweredAssumed Answered

Importing Folders of Photos cross platform

Question asked by sksmith2517 on Apr 3, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Importing Folders of Photos cross platform

I just received a very nice answer to my question about extracting a string from my file path in the hopes I could use it to navigate to referenced images from a photocatalog database.  Keen.  (Thank You, PhilModJunk)

However I was amiss on the larger issue of importing referenced photos to begin with.  I created a database and imported folders of pics on my Win machine. Then when I opened the db on my Mac - no images, there; just a disappointing message: The file cannot be found:name.jpg in the container field.  All other data is of course there..

What I really need to do first is import 600+ images so their referenced images can be viewed on either Mac or Win. In Sep 2011 a wonderful thread helped me to insert text docs one at a time.(CF Container image reference issue across system platforms).

Now I have dozens of folders of images that bosses are asking to access.  Can this same system work with folders? I can't bring myself to add pics one by one - argh.  Sigh.  Any help - greatly appreciated.

Outcomes