1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 4, 2010 11:32 AM by JoshO.

Importing from ODBC database with update matching records sometimes duplicates records

liquidcooled

Title

Importing from ODBC database with update matching records sometimes duplicates records

I'm sooooo almost done with my solution I can taste it! But I'm getting a really weird behavior from filemaker, could totally be my fault as this is my first filemaker solution. The problem is that I am importing / syncing records from multiple tables in an external odbc file. From what I can tell all of the import settings are the same. "Update matching records in found set" and "Add remaining data as new records". I'm using the Primary key from the odbc database as the Match. I test it test it test it test it and then decide I'm done and try it one last time and for some reason on that last time in one of the tables it duplicates the records instead of matching them. All the settings seem to be the same for all of the table imports but one table occasionally duplicates the records instead of matching and matching the changes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks