Importing from one table to another in the same database file.
My new table, related to the old via a key, is empty. I'd like to populate it with the keys from a subset of the old table. I could:
1. Find the subset of interest in Old Table.
2. Begin with record 1 of the found set in Old table
2a. Store the number 1 in a field somewhere.
3. Copy the key field from record 1 of the found set in Old Table.
4. Go to the layout for the New Table.
5. Create a new record in the New Table.
6. Paste the key into the key field in the current record of the New Table.
6a. All the lookup fields in the current record of the New Table would then update.
7. Get the value "1" from the storage field, and increment it.
8. Go to the record in the found set in Old Table with the resulting record number.
Repeat a large number of times.
Is there a way to do this in one, fell swoop? If my new table was in a different database file, I could simply import the desired fields from the found set of Old Table.