AnsweredAssumed Answered

Importing into Checkboxes

Question asked by JoshuaJones on Feb 2, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 8, 2012 by JoshuaJones

Title

Importing into Checkboxes

Hello all, 

I have several excel spreadsheets that I need to import into my database daily. Although the spreadsheets have a listing of results that are based upon different criteria, they sometimes have the same company listed on several spreadsheets. To illustrate, there might be spreadsheets 1, 2, 3, 4 and company A appears in 1, 3, and 4, while B appears on 1, and C appears on 2 and 4, and so forth. In my FileMaker database, I need to keep track of which spreadsheet the company appears on for later analysis. So I was wondering if it would be possible to import these spreadsheets into the database, and for each time that a company appears on a spreadsheet, the corresponding checkbox is marked off. Or would I have to go to the source spreadsheets, combine them into one, and have a way to indicate on there the different spreadsheets for which the companies have come from? Or possibly another solution? 

Previously during the experimenting phase I had a separate table in the database for each spreadsheet and would just import into there. The main limitation with that was trying to figure out how to connect and relate them. But ideally, I'd just like to have one central table where the spreadsheets can be imported to.

Thanks in advance, 

Joshua

Outcomes